Cement Bond Quality Evaluation
The Segmented Cement Bond Tool (SCBT) provides the operator with an accurate and economic means of inspecting the quality of the cement bond to casing and formation.
The SCBT evaluates the cement bond quality and integrity to both pipe and formation by providing the measurements of the cement bond amplitude (CBL) through the near receiver (3-ft crystal), and variable density log (VDL) through the far receiver (5-ft Crystal). The SCBT tool also provide a cement map through eight segmented receivers, each segment covers a 45° section of the pipe.
The same bond measurement is available as an analog tool and a high-speed digital tool. In the digital tool all sonic data is captured and stored digitally within 2 ms allowing flexibility of the output telemetry. This tool is easily configured to customers’ requirements. The separate acquisition and output module allow changes to the output telemetry to be easily accomplished.
The analog tool requires ten cycles in order to transmit all of the data to the surface. This requires slower logging speeds for the same vertical resolution.
- Evaluation of cement bond quality and integrity.
- Location of free pipe and cement top.
- 360° cement map
- Tool Length: 14.67 ft (4.475 m)
- Tool Diameter: 1.69 in (42.8 mm)
- Tool Weight: 73 lb (33.0 kg)
- Pressure Rating: 25,000 psi(172.4 MPa)
- Temperature Rating: 400° F (204° C)
- Power: 100 VDC / 80 mA
- Output Signal: analog acoustic signal
- Transmitter: omni directional
- Measuring Range: 2-3/8" tubing to 7" casing
- Minimum Casing ID:2.0 in (50.8 mm)
- Maximum Casing ID:7.0 in (177.8 mm)
- Minimum Casing ID:4.5 in (114 mm)
- Maximum Casing ID:10.75 in (264 mm)
- Minimum Casing ID:5.25 in (140 mm)
- Maximum Casing ID:13.625 in (346 mm)