The Bridge Breaker (BB) is a deployed downhole to break up concretions of sand/scale/cement which are resisting removal by other methods.
The BB is jarred down mechanically in the well. The helically split torque sub applies a short duration torque to the BB cutter below with each downward jar.
The main body can be supplied in 1.5”, 1.875” or 2.5” with a number of different shoe sizes which can be easily changed on the main body of the tool as the scale is broken down.
In certain cases, if needed, the debris can be recovered by subsequent bailer runs
- Has a unique rotational impact
- Each downward jar action causes the cutting tool to rotate slightly, which helps break-up scale/concreted debris and prevents clogging of the cutter head
- Field trials have proven to provide a faster scale removal process compared to standard scale cutting/broach systems normally run on slickline
- Internal Support Sleeve to limit loading on the Torque Spring should the tool become wedged in solids
- Left hand threads where required to prevent tool back-off down hole